Archive for May 2013
Thursday, May 23, 2013
We have been working with the well known Stellaris Launch Pad, now known as the Tiva C Launch Pad. This was a quite transition however we found some subtle differences with the microcontrollers.
Stellaris Launch pad:
- Used the LM4F120H5QR Microcontroller which is now renamed as TM4C1233H6PM.
- Original name for this Launch Pad: EK-LM4F120XL
- Still available at TI e-Store link.
- Important thing to note is the chips in initial version of the Stellaris Launch Pads were Engineering Sample versions so the chip name became LX4F120H5QR - Not very reliable !!
- TI has released an official migration guide for Stellaris to Tiva C -This guide also contains the part number mapping for the new Tiva C Series
- Also the support software for the Stellaris ware has been now changed to Tiva Ware - Important changes include the naming convention and C99 standard types
Summary of Links:
- Stellaris Launch Pad - http://www.ti.com/tool/ek-lm4f120xl
- Stellaris Launch Pad Microcontroller LM4F120H5QR => TM4C1233H6PM - http://www.ti.com/product/TM4C1233H6PM
- Stellaris Launch Pad Support Software Library - http://www.ti.com/tool/sw-ek-lm4f120xl
- Stellaris Launch Pad Getting Started Guide : http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Getting_Started_with_the_Stellaris_EK-LM4F120XL_LaunchPad_Workshop
- Tiva C Launch Pad - http://www.ti.com/tool/ek-tm4c123gxl
- Tiva C Launch Pad Microcontroller TM4C123GH6PM - http://www.ti.com/product/TM4C123GH6PM
- Tiva C Launch Pad Support Software Library - http://www.ti.com/tool/sw-ek-tm4c123gxl
- Tiva C Launch Pad Getting Started Guide: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Getting_Started_with_the_TIVA%E2%84%A2_C-Series_TM4C123G_LaunchPad
- Stellaris Serial Flash Loader: http://www.ti.com/tool/serial_flash_loader
- Stellaris Old FTDI JTAG adapter driver: http://www.ti.com/tool/lm_ftdi_driver
- Stellaris ICDI Driver (Tiva C too) : http://www.ti.com/tool/stellaris_icdi_drivers
- Tiva C and Stellaris Flash Programmer: http://www.ti.com/tool/lmflashprogrammer
- Pin Mux Utility: http://www.ti.com/tool/tm4c_pinmux
Hope that this list would be helpful. Let us know your comments on this.