I was looking around for some easy to implement CMS(Content Management Systems) for my Friend. Well out of all the big CMS like Joomla, Drupal, etc my friend wanted some thing radically simple without the Database stuff. So I found him some and here is the List of all that we were able to gather:
- CMS Simple http://www.cmsimple.org/ This is the Simplest of all the CMS's. Its radically small up to 100KB. There are a number of themes available that make it easy to decorate and modify as we like. It use a easy WYSIWYG (What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get)editor , I have something to say about that later in this post.
- MESHCMS http://www.cromoteca.com/en/meshcms/ This is an Java based CMS where all the data is stored as HTML files. It support implementation of multiple sites with single context. Its an Search Engine friendly CMS. Lots of Themes available and uses a WYSIWYG editor. Code available in SVN http://sourceforge.net/projects/meshcms/develop
- CMS From Scratch http://cmsfromscratch.com/ This is a PHP based no database CMS. The outlays look nice. Its AJAX powered and has good support.
- Editease http://code.google.com/p/editease/ This is a Jquery based CMS. Still under active development.
- gp|Easy http://www.gpeasy.com/ This is a PHP based CMS.
- LightNEasy http://lightneasy.org This is the easiest of all. It has been under active development since a long time. The 2.3 Release gives the same No-Database feature. This can generate php files also. It has been extensively adapted and has lots of templates available. !BEST!
TinyMCE http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/index.php This is an very easy to use editor much like Google wave. Both the above implementations use this editor by default.