Monday, July 11, 2011

We had built the MMA8453Q accelerometer breakout board. We could not test it since long.
For the Circuit we followed what the Datasheet said:


We only had to map it to our pin Configuration as stated earlier.
For testing we used the Famous Buspirate from Dangerous Prototypes.

We wish to Thank Dangerous Prototypes for creating such a nice tool.

Here is a picture of what we were working:

And here is the Command Sequence:

HiZ>m
1. HiZ
2. 1-WIRE
3. UART
4. I2C
5. SPI
6. JTAG
7. RAW2WIRE
8. RAW3WIRE
9. PC KEYBOARD
10. LCD
(1) >4
Mode selected
Set speed:
 1. ~50KHz
 2. ~100KHz
 3. ~400KHz
(1) >1
READY
I2C>W
POWER SUPPLIES ON
I2C>[ 0x3A 0x0B 0x01 ][ 0x3A 0x0B 0x01 ]
I2C START BIT
WRITE: 0x3A ACK
WRITE: 0x0B ACK
WRITE: 0x01 ACK
I2C STOP BIT
I2C>[ 0x3A 0x0D [ 0x3B R ][ 0x3A 0x0D [ 0x3B R ]
I2C START BIT
WRITE: 0x3A ACK
WRITE: 0x0D ACK
I2C START BIT
WRITE: 0x3B ACK
READ: 0x3A NACK
I2C STOP BIT
I2C>
As you see in the Last Lines it prints 0x3A which is the "who am I" kind of address for MMA8453Q.
Note: SA0 is High so the Write address is 0x3A and Read Address is 0x3B

Here is the Commands that were sent:
1. Wakeup command: [ 0x3A 0x0B 0x01 ]
2. Read the "Who am I register" : [ 0x3A 0x0D [ 0x3B R ]

So the Accelerometer is working and now we can conceal the chip package in glue to make it into a robust chip form factor. Next on the list is using it in an actual application.

We would post more updates on that soon. Let us know your comments.

Welcome to Adhar Labs's Blog

Popular Post

Blogger templates

Welcome

Creation by Electronics Hobbyists from Bharat(India) to encourage & help people. This blog hosts the numerous innovations, discoveries and projects we provide.
Our Research Wing Adhar Labs
Contact Form | Email Address
We Support Open Source Hardware Definition v1.0
Creative Commons License
All works on this blog are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at forbharat.wordpress.com and m8051.blogspot.com.

Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://forbharat.wordpress.com/permissions/.
Thank you for all your support.

© A.D.H.A.R Labs Research 2008-2013 . Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Followers

PCB Unit Converter

mils
mm

- Copyright © Electronics for Bharat -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -